STOP SEARCHING ONLY ONLINE FOR JOBS!
I have decided after a lot of analysis, talking to friends, family and clients, reading, trial, error and more that if you are spending 75% of your time using job posting websites like Monster, CareerBuilder and other you are WASTING YOUR TIME.
Now there are some job titles typically below $36,000 where internet searching is a great way to find leads. But most of the others should NOT be spending very much time on it. If you have sent 50 to 100 resumes to job postings and received no response, THAT TECHNIQUE IS NOT WORKING. Have you ever heard the old adage that says the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Don’t go mad doing things that are not working. Try one of these other techniques:
1. Use the library’s database and find 20 companies you want to work for and call or email the person who can hire you…The Hiring Manager.
2. Show your friends and family a list of 20 companies you want to work for and see if they know of anyone you can talk to.
3. Send letters to the hiring managers at the top 20 companies showing them you have reviewed their organization and have an idea on how to make a process better and how you are the right person for the job.
4. Contact Staffing Firms in your industry and Recruiters
5. Walk into smaller, local companies who do work in the industry you are looking for and request a brief introduction.
There are many challenging ways to locate job leads. Don’t just try one and then decide the economy sucks and you are never going to find what you are looking for. Find jobs before they are listed and you will find the pot of gold you are looking for and leave everyone else in the dust.
Let’s Get Started!